MyMacDill.com is a social media site sponsored and maintained by the Tampa Bay Defense Alliance (“TBDA”). TBDA's commitment to protect the privacy of its donors, members, and community partners extends to the MyMacDill.com Website, its subscribers and other users (“Users”). This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website MyMacDill.com ("Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website through posts and photos, videos and any other documents uploaded by you.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- TBDA or MyMacDill offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by TBDA, MyMacDill or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, or any images, photos, videos or other likeness you upload ("Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information when you use this Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From posts, photos, and/or videos you create or share, and messages or communications with other Website Users.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP address and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or other Users who may share your public information.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Photos, videos and images you upload to the Website.
- Messages and/or other forms of communication with other Website Users.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information, photos and videos you provide to be published or displayed (hereinafter, ”Posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other Users of the Website or third parties (collectively, ”User Contributions”), are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other Users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The information, photos and videos Users post and share on MyMacDill.com will be used to promote a community-wide celebration of MacDill Air Force Base. We use information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, photos and videos:
- To promote and market the goals of TBDA and MyMacDill.com.
- To present our Website and its contents to you and other Users.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any information or services offered or provided through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support TBDA and the MyMacDill campaign, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TBDA, its donors, members, staff, community partners or others. For more information, see Responses to Legal Requests or Prevention of Harm
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with OPTOUT in the subject line. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the TBDA. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by TBDA to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with OPTOUT in the subject line or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information, photos, videos or posts except by also deleting your User account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information, photos, videos and any other information posted or shared by you in public areas may be viewed by any User of the Website and can be shared with the public.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, photos videos or other information or communication posted on MyMacDill.com. Any transmission of Personal Information, photos, videos or any other form of information or communication is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
TBDA may access, preserve and share your information, photos and videos in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information, photos and videos when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of MyMacDill.com.
or at (813) 922-8232